22 de agosto de 2011

| Featured Seller | ModernButtercup |



Please tell us a bit about yourself.
Hello! I am an eager crafter who loves to create things and daydream. I love to walk barefoot on the beach and collect smooth rocks that fit in the palm of my hand.

Apart from creating things, what do you do?
I bake cookies, experiment with new recipes, and read books. (I'm a bookworm)

Where does your inspiration come from?
My inspiration comes from photos, illustrations, and often from everyday life. Things that are unique, whimsical, and somewhat quirky are what inspire me most.

What would yo like to do in the future?
That's a hard one. I daydream about the future often, wondering what it will be like. I even have a list! But I would love to own a small bakery, well known for it's cookies.

What does handmade mean to you?
Handmade to me, means a lot of things. When something is handmade, it's made by the person who took time into making it to it's perfection. 

How would you describe your creative process?
My creative process usually starts when I get inspired by something: a smooth rock, a beautiful seashell, a piece of art. I get out my materials and start to "experiment" with different beads and wire. Usually an hour later, I have my finished piece.

Tell us about a funny experience you had while working.
Once, I was trying a new type of wire that I had bought and was wire-wrapping a glass bead to place on a necklace. For some reason, the wire wouldn't stay. I was confused and then looked at the wire I had bought. It was memory wire! :)

Some of her work:


Her:
Blog: modernbuttercup.blogspot.com/
Twitter: twitter.com/#!/Modernbuttercup

Thanks so much for being in the handmade blog!
xoxo, Monica

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario