12 de agosto de 2011

| Featured Seller | Géraldine Adams |


Please tell us a bit about yourself.
I’m a French illustrator originally from Brittany, France. My family still lives there, one hour from the walled city of St. Malo. I lived in Paris and Brussels prior to relocating to San Francisco in March.

Apart from creating things, what do you do?
I eat gherkins with mustard!
I am a huge fan of history books and craft blogs so you'll often find me reading, admiring and getting inspired. San Francisco has such wonderful, niche neighborhoods - so I spend time experiencing the trends of the town, drinking tea in cafes while working on my illustrations for GeraldineAdams store. I have a huge passion for cooking and illustrating so it fills up my day.


Where does your inspiration come from?
My inspiration comes from my daily life - the food I cook, the people I meet, all the places I see, and my experience being French yet becoming an American.

I started the cooking unit conversion prints because the first time I read an American recipe asking for a cup of flour - I actually wondered which cup from the cupboard I should use.

Illustrating recipes was the best way to entice my sister to cook French easy, simple and gourmet recipes. Oh! Did I mention that my father is a French chef? My passion for food comes from them for sure!

What would you like to do in the future?
Oh! I dream of illustrating all sorts of things on different types of surfaces: books, cards, clothes, aprons, plates, napkins, wood, etc. The sky is the limit!

What does handmade mean to you?
I like the individual’s initiative. Different people can have an idea, express themselves, and develop their art to finally create something amazing that someone else will love.

How would you describe your creative process?
I usually have a theme I’m working on and I have a clear image in mind of what I want to realize. Then, I try to make it!

Tell us about a funny experience you had while working.
I was illustrating the French Clafoutis recipe and it really made me hungry for cherries! I had to run out to the market to find some, and of course I had to make that clafoutis again.



Some of Géraldine's work:




Géraldine's
blog: www.sheisinsf.geraldineadams.com
Twitter: twitter.com/Geraldine_Adams
Fan Page: www.facebook.com/GeraldineAdamsArt



Thanks so much Géraldine, for being here in the handmade blog!
I hope you liked it guys!
xo, Monica

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario