29 de julio de 2011

| Featured Seller | Joanna Horvat |

Joanna is a creative artist and a happy etsy seller.



---Please, tell me a little about your self.

I am a teacher and artist that lives in Sydney, Australia.

Art has always been a passion of mine. It was always my favourite subject at school and I went on to study art for many years after school. I love all different kinds of art- painting, ceramics, photography, jewellery design- you name it. I guess that is why my Etsy store has such variety. 

I am always making something... or thinking about what I'm going to make!

--- Apart from creating things, what do you do?

I am a school teacher. Recently, I have been teaching English to grades 7-9. Everyday is an adventure as a teacher! 

In my spare time I love the outdoors- especially visiting beautiful beaches and lakes. I have a passion for food and I love to cook slices and cakes- tried and tested recipes that my mother has passed down. I have a quirky sense of humour and love having a laugh with family and friends. I love comedy series and funny movies too! I really love cats- I tell my students I am a crazy cat lady! I have two at home that require a lot of attention. You will see them pop up into my creations at times!

---What would you like to do in the future?

In the future I want to continue to both teach and create. I want to continue to design and make creations that I would be proud to wear myself. I want to continue to build up my Etsy store, Kite Design, so I can share my passion for creating with more people around the world.

---What does handmade mean to you?
Thinking, designing and making creations that you would be proud to wear yourself, but can't find any where else! 

---How would you describe your creative process?
I am always thinking about new creative ideas and how I can make them come to life. I choose to create things that I would love to wear myself but can't find anywhere else! Often, I think off quirky little things, like retro items, that make me smile. A work, more often than not, starts with a drawing and then turns into a piece of jewelry, a bag or a screen print. 

---Do you like what you do? Why?
I really love what I do because I have always had the desire to create, as well as the hope that I can inspire others too.



Some of Jo's work:



Thanks a lot Jo,
We hope to see your work again soon!
xoxo, Monica

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario